Kingston upon Hull Athletics Club takes your privacy seriously. We are a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us and this privacy notice sets out how, why and for how long we will use your personal data, as well as who it is shared with. It also explains your legal rights as a data subject and how to exercise them.
What we need from you
When you register as a member of Kingston upon Hull Athletics Club or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a young person aged 16 or under), we may ask you for some or all of the following personal information:
• Contact details – eg. name, address, email address and phone number.
• Date of birth – to calculate membership category and eligibility for events and courses.
• Payment details – bank account number, sort code, card details.
• Participation details – other clubs, second claim, membership.
• Equality information – sex, gender, disability, ethnic group and religion.
• Safety and emergency details – eg. next of kin, relevant health conditions.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need this may affect our ability to offer you our membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information
1. Contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ and customers’ personal information so that we can manage your relationship with us. We may use our members’ personal information to:
• Provide you with core member services, including confirmation of membership, membership card, end of year renewal.
• Organise club activities and manage risk and safety when you attend training an athletics meeting or other club event.
• Register your membership with the representative body, England Athletics, Northern Athletics, to provide you with insurance cover and other benefits they offer to members of clubs, including access to competitions.
• Provide details of club events, fixtures, news or changes to track usage
2. Legitimate purposes
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
• Provide you with news and updates about the activity of the club, opportunities to get involved in club meets, training, general meetings or other events.
• Raise awareness of the club’s activities by capturing photos, videos, or live streaming at training or events. We will use this for promotion, and use on the club facebook /website.
• Respond to and investigate your questions, comments, support needs, complaints, concerns or allegations.
3. Legal obligations
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with:
• The Protection of Vulnerable Groups, which requires us to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults.
• The Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for other purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice explaining how we will use your information for these purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
When we register your membership with England Athletics we pass on your personal data and England Athletics become a controller of your personal data. England Athletics provides full details of how it uses your personal data in its own privacy notice and will not use it for any other purpose.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Baring Service, and Police England for the purposes of safeguarding children, and UK Anti-Doping for the purpose of eliminating doping in sport –We may also share personal information with professional and legal advisors for the purpose of obtaining advice.
Third party suppliers with access to members’ personal data
The Kingston upon Hull AC] may use third party suppliers to provide services. These suppliers may process personal data on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is accessed by our Chairman, Membership Secretary, Treasurer, Welfare Officers and Junior Coordinator only for the purposes set out above. It is stored by our club in the safe at the Costello reception for Emergency contacts, in the KUHAC club house for emergency contacts on password protected electronic media held by our membership secretary Your personal data is transferred to England Athletics by inputting it directly into a password-protected database or emailed via a password-protected spreadsheet.
How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for three years.
You have a right to:
• Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
• Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Access the personal data that we hold about you through a “subject access request”.
• Request that we delete your personal information.
You can club Secretary at [email protected]
If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk